Invest in the future of your sport and become a dressage judge.
Judging expands your knowledge and understanding of dressage – which can also assist and improve your training and riding skills
Here’s all you have to do:
The Boring Stuff
- Be over 18 years of Age
- Be a financial member of ESNZ and own a current rule book
- Become a member of your local Area Dressage Group (if they have separate membership)
- Attend one local Judges Clinic when in your area
- Sit-in on Level 1 and 2 classes three times with a National judge
- Write at Level 1 and 2 five times with a National judge
- Shadow-Judge at Level 1 and 2 three times with a National judge
Once you’ve completed the practical stuff, your worksheet and Judge’s Application Form are signed by your local Area Judges Officer and sent to the DNZ Judges Sub-committee.
You will then receive a set of questions to answer (mainly about rules and dressage terminology). Answer those correctly and congratulations! You’re ready to start!
The Fun Stuff
As a List 5 registered ESNZ Dressage Judge you are able to judge Level 1 and 2 at graded competition days when accompanied by a more experienced judge. You must be a List 5 judge for a minimum of one year before working towards upgrading to List 4.
OFFICIAL STATUS OF LIST JUDGES IN NEW ZEALAND
List 1 Judges – Official National Judge
Lists 2A, 2 and 3 Judges – National Judges
List 4 and 5 Judges – Candidate National Judges
If you would like to find out more, please contact Linda Warren-Davey on 03 312 0211 or 027 300 0145 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and make the first step today!